Tuesday, October 23, 2007

It's Not About the Bike: Week 5, Post B

Dear Lance,

I'm writing my final letter to you today. No, I'm not trying to be wierd, or all emotional, I'm just finished writing letters. So this may cover a lot of areas....Just to warn you.
First off all, you don't even know how impressed I am by your Tour victories. One day of the pain you go through in that race would do in most people, yet you put up with it for an entire month. The stages in that race are so tough, I don't think I could finish one if you gave me the whole day. Anyway, I think your training is what really set you apart, you were always first to arrive, last to leave, and always the one doing the work. Of course, I really admire that, being a runner, I put it on a LOT of miles, and, although it does pay off, sometimes you just get tired of it. Pounding the pavement is tough, if even for an hour or two. I can't even imagine biking for 12 hours like you did on some training rides. Although if there's one good example of hard working paying off, it's you and your seven Tour victories.
Also, I'm glad you are helping those with Cancer. Your funds and charity rides have helped more than most people ever would have thought, and I think everyone, not just patients, are in debt to you for that. Thank you so much for everything you did and continue to do for those sick and suffering on our world, you do more good than even you know.

Thanks,

Michael

No comments: