Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Life of Pi: Week 4, Post B

Dear Pi,

So far, I've had some very interesting thoughts on your book. First off, I really like your simplistic, peaceful perspective on life. I think it's very cool to have such an open mind and be able to think things in a unique way. One of the coolest things I got from the book, however, was the fact that you live in a ZOO! That's so awesome. Seriously. I would love to live in a zoo, with all the animals around you. Sure, it could smell, but you'd get used to that. And it would be like living in Africa, Asia, Europe, and Antarctica all at the same time. All the cool animals...It's something I would imagine to be sensational. However...I do think when your father showed you the Tiger eating a goat, I was shocked. However, come to think of it...I feel it was a good idea, to be honest. Sometimes, you need to see something to belive it, and that was a very powerful example for a very powerful action, and sometimes that is needed to prove a point. While it may seem disturbing now, I think you'll find it'll pay off in the long run in your respect and knowledge of animals, and will help you treat them as equals rather than lesser things.

Keep an open mind,

Michael

1 comment:

Dan said...

Excellent Post B # 4 Michael. Its almost as good as la cancillon de duele el amor