Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Life of Pi: Week 5, Post B

I'd like to talk about what I felt on the argument between the Christian, Muslim, and Hindu leaders. First, I thought the argument was flat out funny. Some of the insults were just like...I don't even know. They were so uncalled for it wasn't even funny, but most of them were actually pretty good. Beyond that, though, I thought that the argument was completely and totally pointless, and honestly quite immature. (It's not that the writing was uncalled for, on the contrary, I thought it was very well written. It's just that the argument itself was very childish and selfish.) 
However, I don't think Pi Piscine can be blamed at ALL for trying to experiment with new religions. He's a young boy and honestly admits it himself when he says he doesn't know what to believe. Just because he's trying different things doesn't mean he's practicing all three, and even if he is, it should be celebrated that someone is so open, not looked upon as a crime. I think the reactions toward Pi's many religions was quite rude and completely wrong to do. No fingers should be pointed at Piscine, rather, he should be looked upon as a hero and one who can carry multiple religions.

No comments: