Tuesday, April 22, 2008

At the Crossing Places: Week 2, Post B

Today's topic: Merlin

Today I decided to look up Merlin. He's a wizard in the Arthurian Legends, and is wildly popular. In the story, he gives a seeing stone. Here's some info on him from, where else, Wikipedia.  
He first shows up in Geoffery of Monmouth's story, but has been featured in hundreds of other stories and movies, from hundreds of authors including Mark Twain. According to Monmouth, he was born from a normal, mortal woman, but is sired by a demon like creature and given supernatural powers. It's actually unclear as to whether Merlin ever lived, and if not, who the character was based off of. 
Well, I'll be honest. I looked today in Zephyrus and at home, and pretty much everything written about Merlin contradicts itself. Did he live? Was he young or old? No one seems to know. Like my last post, I'll try to improve on this if I find some definite information...this whole book is confusing!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

MICHAEL. YOUR SUCH A PUNKY MUCK.

Dan said...

KRISTIN. YOU STILL COULDN'T BEAT ME UP.

Michael said...

kristin what does that even mean?