Tuesday, April 8, 2008

REASON FOR OUTSIDE READING QTR. 4

All right, well, I picked the book "At the Crossing Places" by Kevin Crossley-Holland. I picked it for two reasons: 1) I started it once and I don't know why I didn't finish it, but I didn't. And 2) because I'm interested in Middle-aged stuff, and the Holy Wars. It seems exciting enough for a teenage boys, it's got your swordfights and your battle scenes and stuff. (Maybe it's got some love interest, yeah, you know? (Wink, Nudge)) Now, I don't know how much actual information I'll get from the book--It is fiction--But still. I'm excited to read it...Now, as for differences in culture, it'll be different because a) it's set in England and Scotland, and b) it's set in the year 1200. So, obviously there are going to be some cultural differences and overall lifestyle changes.

1 comment:

Dan said...

I can see your working as hard as ever. Keep up the good work. Also, keep up the good running in track. I expect a 8 minute two mile by the end of May.